“We gather here for the time-honoured ritual of handfasting. An ancient custom, it is, meant to prepare a man and a woman for the lifelong partnership of marriage, binding them hand in fist for a year and a day. If any children be born of this unison, custody and care are the father’s responsibility. If the couple parts at the end of the year, the mother’s reputation will not in the least be held in question.
Now, let them be brought before us and into the elements.
Take each other’s hand and step forward.
Repeat after me.
I, Andrew *, do come here of my own free will, to seek the partnership of Chantal *. I come with all love, honour and sincerity, wishing only to become one with her whom I love. Always will I strive for Chantal’s happiness and welfare. Her life will I defend before my own. All this I swear, on my honour, for all to hear.
I, Chantal *, do come here of my own free will, to seek the partnership of Andrew *. I come with all love, honour and sincerity, wishing only to become one with him whom I love. Always will I strive for Andrew’s happiness and welfare. His life will I defend before my own. All this I swear, on my honour, for all to hear.
Bring forth the rings.
Place them upon each other’s neck.
Bring forth the cords to bind them as one.
We ask fire to enter the bond, to bring passion.
We ask earth to enter the bond, to give stability.
We ask air to enter the bond, to strengthen communication.
We ask water to enter the bond, to give strength.
May spirit bring happiness and joy.
As the tall grass and mighty trees bow beneath the force of the wind, so too must you both bend when the storms of life blow strong. But know as swiftly as the storm comes, so equally swiftly may is depart. Stand strong always in each other’s strength. Together you are one; apart you are naught.
Be faithful, one to the other. Ever honour each other. Help each other, and know now that you’re truly one.
You may now kiss, to cement the bond.”
This was the ceremony for mine and my partners handfasting. We handfasted on the 31st of October, in the morning hours in my local botanical gardens. It was a simple ceremony, in which Andrew (my partner), Cara (our friend and Speaker) and I were in a pentagram of the elements, potted bamboo for earth, 3 feathers for air, a candle for fire, a seashell he gave me for water, and two of our necklaces for spirit.
3 was a significant number for us. 3 people in the pentagram, 3 feathers, 3 sections to the ceremony (doesn’t look like it but there was), 3 colours in each chord, 3 charms on his chord and 3 pearls on mine.
3 is big to me because currently, I am 2. Andrew and myself. I have hopes for a child to be born to us. As I have fertility/reproductive issues I wanted to imprint the number into our bond, to give us some added luck hopefully.
We are bound for the traditional year and a day, and we will wear the rings around our necks for that entire period.
So in the eyes of the Otherworld and Underworld, we are one.
Magickal Week at a Glance (11/26 - 12/2)
- Sacred to all Tibetan gods of light and fire
- Sacred to Gujeswari
- Sacred to Sarasvati
- Sacred to Lakshmi and Parvati
- Full Moon 9:46 am EST
- Lunar eclipse 9:33 am EST
- Feast of Hathor and Sekhmet
- Day of prolonging life and the goodness of Ma’at
- Sacred to Sophia
- Sacred to the sons of the god Saturn
- Sacred to Andros
- Sacred to SkadiWelcome to December!!
Friends, this totally works. :)
This is a very simple spell you perform three days or nights in a row at about the same time that opens your pineal gland therefore activating your third eye. To me it’s more of an exercise than a spell but it sounds more mystical when you call it a spell. :) I just did my day 1 of it and I know it’s working because my third eye is aching pretty strong (a good sign). So here you are! If anyone does this, it’d be awesome if you let me know what the outcome is for you because, I’d just like to hear it. :)
THIRD EYE OPEN WIDE SPELL
Casting Instructions for ‘Third Eye Open Wide Spell’
Opening the Third Eye is directly related to the 6th chakra; the psychic chakra, located on the middle of the forehead above the brows. It is closely associated with the “pineal” gland. The pineal gland id dormant in most people,as is the true 3rd eye. French Philosopher Rene Descartes believed the pineal gland to be “the seat of the soul” where mind and body met.
In the average person, the pineal gland is atrophied and dormant. The following exercise will change that. Please read this thoroughly, as much of the exercises I write of are very advanced and can cause problems if one does not do them correctly.
The pineal gland is like a grape in size; like a raisin in most people where it remains dormant.
Opening the third eye/pineal gland:
This is done with a specific tone and chant. You only need to do this exercise for 3 days, afterwards, it is permanent.
The mantra to be used is “Thoh,” pronounced “TOE.” It must be within the correct vibration. Not deep, not high pitched, inbetween, like alto range. You will feel it when you hit the correct tone.
1. Sit with your back straight.
2. Breathe in through your nose and hold your breath as long as is comfortable- open your jaws so there is a small space between your top and bottom teeth, place the tip of your tongue between the space of your slightly parted teeth.
3. Put a very light pressure onto the tongue with your teeth. This is like the same process of saying the “TH” part of the English word “the.” Once your tongue is in position, release your breath slowly through your mouth saying T-H-H-O-H-H in one long exahle (say the word one time pre exhale) Your tongue will be vibrating between your teeth. You should feel the air moving past your tongue and teeth. If this technique is done properly, you will feel a pressure or sensation in your jaw and cheeks. The tone will also vibrate in your 3rd eye. It may take a few seconds to adjust this, don’t worry, just keep going.
4. Do the above 5 times in a row.
5. It is very important the above exercise be done for 3 consecutive days, 24 hours apart. Then it is a done deal.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
1. One of the first experiences is a headache or pressure in the center of the forehead. This sensation may also feel like it is originating from within, usually an inch or more beneath the surface of the forehead. This is a positive indication the pineal gland is awakening and beginning to function in a healthy manner. *Some people can experience a migrane lasting several hours. The severity of the side effects will depend on how atrophied your pineal gland is to begin with.
2. After the occurence of headache or pressure in the forehead, you may wake up one morning with a throbbing or tingling sensation in your forehead; it may feel like a goosebump. The feeling may be very intense like something is there. The sensation of pulsing or throbbing will continue throughout the day. This is the final physiological event you will experience after opening the third eye. It indicates your pineal gland is awankened, functioning and alive.
Faster, easier learning and retention Marked increase in intuition Increased creativity Psychic gifts develop and become remarkedly stronger and more intense ability to see human auras Clairaudience (psychic hearing) opens up
This is a very powerful exercise and as with all powerful practices, your body will go through discomfort in order to adapt
— J. R. R. Tolkien (via wooden-folks)